Oxidised Bitumen is a hot applied bitumen complying with BS EN 13304.Make an enquiry
Where to use?
Oxidised Bitumen is approved for use as components for the manufacture of roofing, flooring, water-proofing, adhesive, sealing and anti-corrosion products.
Ensure area to be treated is clean and free from dust, fuel and oil spillage.
For best results use a heating kettle with an indirect heating system such as hot oil. Ensure that the heating temperature doesn’t exceed 200°C and that the oil does not exceed 230°C. When hot, pour either from a melter pourer or galvanised bucket with a ‘V’ lip.
Varies depending on the application.
Oxidised Bitumen is available in 25kg silicone coated paper cylinders.
Oxidised Bitumen should be kept under cover and away from direct sunlight.
Oxidised Bitumen comply with BS EN 13304 (Bitumen and Bituminous Binders Framework for Specification of Oxidised Bitumen’s).
SAFETY HANDLING PRECAUTIONS (when hot)
- Wear suitable protective clothing (heat resistant gauntlet gloves, overalls, protective footwear, face visor)
- DO NOT allow water to contact hot material
- DO NOT exceed the maximum safe heating temperature
If molten material contacts skin:
- DO NOT attempt to remove
- Immerse the affected area in cold running water for at least 10 minutes
- Seek medical advice without delay
This product is hazardous for transportation when carried at temperatures above 100°C.
For full Safety information, please request the Oxidised Bitumen Safety Data Sheet 12A using the contact information on this webpage.