Eurolines are skid resistant thermoplastic markings designed for demarcation and lining. Eurolines are non-toxic, contain no lead or chromate pigments and are skid resistant to >55 SRV.Make an enquiry
Eurolines are easy to apply to bituminous and concrete surfaces. Before application always ensure the area is clean, dry and free from dust, oil and fuel residues. Premark Primer should be used when applying Eurolines to concrete, stone and worn macadam surfaces. Ensure that the primer is completely dry before the material is applied. In cold conditions warming of the surface prior to application is required to enhance adhesion.
Clean area where Eurolines are to be applied thoroughly by removing all sand, dirt, chemicals and oily substances. If there is any moisture present in the surface this must be removed with the gas burner.
Eurolines should be placed on the surface with the beaded top coat facing up making sure the individual pieces are positioned correctly and with no gaps in-between.
The material should be heated using a powerful gas burner (pressure min. 3 bar). Move the flame slowly but steadily 10 to 30cm over the material in a sweeping motion so that heat is evenly applied. The material must be heated until all the material is liquid (approx. 200°C).
Applying insufficient heat will result in inadequate bonding and subsequent failure of the material.
If overheated, superficial scorching of the material can occur resulting in brown blotching, but this discolouring will soon disappear once the Eurolines are exposed to traffic and weather.
5000mm x 100mm
5000mm x 50mm
Eurolines come in a variety of colours: White, Yellow, Primrose and Red in packs ready for use. Each pack contains either:
- 6 (100mm x 5000mm) rolls
- 12 (50mm x 5000mm) rolls
- Keep flat and store in a cool, dry place between 2ºC and 32ºC. Maximum of 25 packs high. Shelf life in sealed packaging is 6 months. In cold weather, the application will be assisted by storing overnight at room temperature.
Complies to EN 1436 Classes: S3, Q3, R3.
SAFETY HANDLING PRECAUTIONS
- Wear suitable protective clothing (heat resistant gauntlet gloves, overalls, protective footwear, face visor)
- DO NOT allow water to contact hot material
- DO NOT exceed maximum safe heating temperature
If molten material contacts skin:
- DO NOT attempt to remove
- Immerse affected area in cold running water for at least 10 minutes
- Seek medical advice without delay
For or full safety information, please request the Eurolines Safety Data Sheet 106 using the contact information on this webpage.