Workshop Controller – Grantham
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We are recruiting now for the role of Workshop Controller to join the Colas Grantham’ operation, the workshop controller’ role is one of the busiest and most important roles within the workshop delivering a seamless service to our customers Internally and External
About the Role
The Workshop Controller role is one of the busiest and most important roles within the Workshop and consists of assigning work to vehicle fitters to ensure the smooth running of the workshop. the role will involve ensuring all incoming work is planned as well as managing the time and resource of your team. you will assign a team of Technicians to tasks, ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to at all times.
- Oversee the daily running of the workshop and ensuring a steady flow of work, with a team of 8 vehicle mechanics and apprentices
- Booking in work and prioritising workload to meet customers’ needs.
- Monitor job cards, inspections sheets, point of work Risk Assessments for excellent standards and input data on Colas system.
- Oversee all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices and adhered to within the workshop.
- Carry out Quality Control.
- Ensure work is completed right first time.
- Be adaptable to a UK wide operation of vehicle repairs, VORs, defects on a variety of vehicles/plant.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as required by Line Manager.
You must be able to:
- Plan your workload effectively to ensure vehicles/plant are ready to agreed timescales.
- Work skilfully and safely under pressure.
- Have a strong work ethic where staying to get the job done is second nature.
- Carry out work in accordance with manufactures specifications.
- Ensuring a first-time pass rate is completed for our vehicle MOTs.
- Vehicle defects are completed in a timely fashion.
- Work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Be flexible in your approach.
- Learn new machinery and all technical aspects.
- Continually work to high standards with customer satisfaction in mind.
- You will ensure that all tasks carried out following our Health and Safety guidelines, for example, wearing all provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and keeping all work areas clean and tidy, including ensuring a clean and tidy workshop.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the workshop and beyond.
- On occasions be available outside working hours to assist working operations for example breakdowns throughout the UK.
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have technical knowledge and experience as a Senior Technician or Workshop Controller.
You will also:
- Excellent computer literacy with a strong numerical ability.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate and drive the workshop team.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- A full HGV Driving licence.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.