About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our highly innovative Integrated Transport Systems (ITS) area of the business, which specialises in the use of smart technology and systems for traffic signalling, traffic monitoring and enforcement cameras, variable message signs, access control systems, street lighting and ancillary roadside equipment. Colas has invested in developing the next generation of traffic solutions with the amazing potential of our Wattway solar panel road surface already being recognised – delivering more efficient and safer journeys for road users.
About the Role
In this role, you will be supporting the ITS operational teams by providing an effective and efficient warehouse facility. You will ensure all our business unit assets and project related equipment is tracked through managing a BU inventory, whilst controlling minimum / maximum stock holdings.
- Controlling materials, movements of, into/out of/within the warehouse, including keeping all paper and electronic systems up-to-date.
- Maintaining relevant stock levels of all associated equipment in relation to supporting ITS operational teams and providing reports to support our end of months processes.
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained and calibrated, producing reports and highlighting short falls in process.
- Arranging for the repair or replacement of faulty components by others (making sure that appropriate paperwork is put in place).
- Ensuring warehouse is operated and managed in line with the ERP Emergency response plan.
- To have, or gain, a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of all equipment and systems needs being worked within the ITS Business Unit.
- Manage receipt of materials, provide correct storage and handling within the warehouse.
- Ensuring that all works are carried out in line with company Health and Safety Environment, Quality polices
- Arranging for the repair or replacement of faulty tooling, ensuring that all appropriate paperwork is completed and records of the repair/replacement are maintained.
- Arrange transport and logistics for external deliveries and collections
- Carry out Quarterly Stock checks and produce a report highlighting all/any anomalies.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
- Waste Management Control
- Test of Fire Alarm + Fire Extinguishers once a week
- Test of emergency lighting once a month
- Ensure Property Managers Check list is kept up to date.
- Ensure that a safety tour is done once a month and recorded on the property managers register.
- Develop understanding of all stores activities in the depot to enable cover during leave of stores operatives.
- Maintenance of tools and plant inventory including inspections and record keeping
- Ensure that the ITS BU is compliant with all tooling calibration by maintaining appropriate and actuate records.
- Ensure that the ITS BU is compliant with all Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) by maintaining appropriate and actuate records.
- Ensure that the ITS BU is compliant with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) by maintaining appropriate and actuate records.
- Keep Warehouse, yard and front of the building clean and tidy
- Assisting with the Loading/Unloading of electronic message signs and associated equipment.
- Ensuring that the warehouse is maintained in a neat, tidy and safe order
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
The successful candidate will have a background working within a busy warehouse / stock control environment. You will be able to build key relationships and solve any arising problems in the Warehouse.
- Have significant previous experience working in a Warehouse Supervisor position or similar role
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of success in managing and organising a busy warehouse
- Show a strong understanding and commercial awareness of the importance of keeping accurate stock control
- Be an excellent communicator enabling you to build key relationships with staff
- Demonstrate good people leadership skills as well as a track record of success in a leadership position within a fast-paced environment
- Have awareness of all Health & Safety, COSHH and environmental issues related to working safely.
- Fork-lift licence (Aisle Master)
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.