About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and our Mechanical Services business in Ringmer have a range of facilities including a repair workshop, spray shop, bodyworks and fabrication and welding services open to our public sector and local customers.
About the Role
You will carry out planned and emergency breakdown repairs on various different vehicles and equipment. You will:
- Ensure a risk assessment for the work is in place and carry out repairs with regard for your own safety and the safety of others
- To ensure that all maintenance and repair work is carried out with cost and time consideration
- To ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely manner
- Carry out fault diagnostics and undertake all repair work as required by your foreman / supervisor
- Ensure that all changes made to vehicles and equipment are noted to the foreman
- Develop the skills and competencies of apprentices and trainees within the team.
- Ensure the Colas Ltd fleet is kept in a well maintained and presentable condition
- Our Benefits
- Full time, 40 hour contract (Monday – Friday, some Saturdays) with lots of opportunity to earn 1.5 x rate for overtime
- A chance to work for an Iveco authorised repairer
- A competitive contribution pension scheme
- The chance to work with a highly skilled team and work for a well-established business
- Excellent training and career opportunities within the business
- Have significant experience in a similar role
- Hold NVQ Level 3 City and Guilds Mechanic or equivalent
- Have a good knowledge of a range of vehicle makes, models and equipment
- Be an excellent team player with a good sense of humour
- Strong time keeping and awareness of safety
- Full, clean driving licence
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.