Training Officer (L&D)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas’ HR team are based at our south regional hub and Head Office in Rowfant, Crawley and support the UK business in terms of all employment law, recruitment, training, employee development and HR administration.
About the Role
You will report to the Organisational Development Manager and be responsible for working with the Business Partners and Managers to identify and prioritise short and long-term training needs as part of the performance process. You will also:
- Oversee the creation and ongoing management of the Colas competency Training Matrix
- Manage Industry scheme cards and their renewal (CSCS, CPCS, NPORS, etc.)
- Source and Co-ordinate the organisation of all training requirements and professional/vocational qualifications
- Evaluating the best approach to training delivery in terms of cost and effectiveness
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the programme and establish ROI/ROE measures
- Work with the wider HR Senior team to design and deliver bespoke Leadership Programmes
- Monitor training processes, systems, documents, policies, and procedures
- Maintain and develop the UK Graduate programme, including tracking their progress towards Professional Institute Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Maintain, implement, and evaluate the BIMEA Graduate programme
- Support Apprenticeship programmes, including recruitment, induction, and other initiatives
- Assist with audits, both internal and external
- Curate and develop the Colas Campus digital platform
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have previous experience working as a Training Officer or a similar role such as a Learning and Development specialist. You will also:
- Be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of all aspects of learning and development
- Have previous facilitation experience and enjoy delivering engaging, hands on training
- Have excellent communications skills and be personable and approachable
- Be CIPD qualified ideally or be interested in obtaining a CIPD qualification as we are able to offer support with this for the right candidate
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.