Training Administrator (Apprentice)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas’ HR team are based at our south regional hub and Head Office in Rowfant, Crawley and support the UK business in terms of all employment law, recruitment, training, employee development and HR administration.
About the Role
You will provide a range of administrative duties and projects to support the Learning and Development Manager and wider Learning and Development team. You will:
- Book training courses and tests and issue joining instructions and evaluation forms
- Keep accurate and timely records on Snowdrop system and Excel Spreadsheets
- Assist in processing applications for industry schemes and record industry accreditations and renewals
- Issue certificates, cards and produce general correspondence
- Assist in producing reports and statistics for the department
- Assist colleagues with basic training queries and support learning and development activities
- Provide cover for reception as and when required
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in working within business administration / HR and be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organisation skills. You will also:
- Hold a grade 4-9 in both GCSE English and Maths (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate a mature attitude and the ability to keep highly confidential information confidential
- Demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.