Traffic Signals Supervisor
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our highly innovative Integrated Transport Systems (ITS) area of the business, which specialises in the use of smart technology and systems for traffic signalling, traffic monitoring and enforcement cameras, variable message signs, access control systems, street lighting and ancillary roadside equipment. Colas has invested in developing the next generation of traffic solutions with the amazing potential of our Wattway solar panel road surface already being recognised – delivering more efficient and safer journeys for road users.
About the Role
As the ITS Traffic Signals Supervisor, you’ll maintain the continued safe operation of the ITS Traffic Signals Installation Contracts ensuring the safety of staff, key stakeholders and members of the public; ensure that all assets are installed and maintained to specific contract, technical and quality requirements; hold primary technical responsibility for the Installation and Maintenance activities element of the ITS Traffic Signals contracts and other duties as delegated by the ITS National Operations Manager.
Your Key Accountabilities will be to:
- Pro-actively monitor / expedite issue routine installation programs, specifications and related technical documentation. As delegated, answer Requests for Information promptly to minimise any disruption to Traffic Signal Scheme work activities.
- Liaise with designers and other parties to ensure that all necessary design information and programs are issued to the installation team. Identify potential design issues and report to the National Operations Manager. Ensure that any notifiable changes on site are communicated and, recorded to our QS and, commercial manager immediately.
- Ensure that works have been undertaken in accordance with required designs, specifications, standards and HSQE requirements. Conduct planned routine site inspections and quality control checks against approved quality plans and Inspection & Test Certs
- Keep National Operations Manager informed of any issues/problems that could affect safety, quality, and cost on the installation/maintenance activities. Report any non-compliance immediately to National Operations Manager and recommend corrective actions.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of site activities, including information on labour and plant, and any non-compliant materials or workmanship discovered during installation/maintenance activities. Monitor and report monthly to the TS Operations Manager all installation/maintenance activities including program of planned work for following month.
- As delegated, agree and report on progress and quantities of work items completed in accordance with Contract. Seek agreement with Client and advise National Operations Manager of variances.
- As delegated, monitor and expedite accurate assurance and handover documentation in accordance with the relevant manufacturer’s specifications. Ensure the required documentation is received to ensure relevant installation/maintenance activities can be performed.
- Oversee the day-to-day Traffic Signals Installation work.
- Supply Traffic Signals knowledge / assistance to estimators
- Install Traffic Signals schemes from order to completion
- Liaise and attend contract meetings with Clients
- Ensure Health and Safety, PPE rules and all aspects of Health and Safety are adhered to
- Arrange work or Traffic Signals installation teams
- Co-ordinate plant & transport requirements for construction & legal compliance
- Ensure work sheets and plant returns are completed and submitted
- Inspect work carried out to control the quality of work being carried out
- Investigate any non-conformances
- Liaise with Operations Manager on preparation of final applications for payment and invoices
- Prepare invoices and applications for payments in readiness to be submitted to clients in a timely manor
- Liaise with ITS finance manager providing information for Month end processes and reporting
This role offers very competitive rates of pay as well as:
- Competitive pension contribution
- Company van
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualifications
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- 6% company pension contribution
We are looking for an experienced ITS Traffic Signals Supervisor with experience in highways traffic signals installation, testing and commission. You will also:
- Have an excellent understanding and experience in the application of safety legislation and corporate safety procedures
Strong communication skills and be able to lead by example as the role involves supervising a team
- Hold a City & Guilds Part 1 and 2 electrical installations qualification or equivalent
- 2391 testing and BS 7671 17th Edition
- HERS accreditation
- Demonstrate strong IT Skills
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.