Traffic Signals Controller
- Pro-actively monitor / expedite issue routine installation programs, specifications and related technical documentation. As delegated, answer requests for information promptly to minimise any disruption to Traffic Signal Scheme work activities.
- Liaise with designers and other parties to ensure that all necessary design information and programs are issued to the installation team. Identify potential design issues and report to the TS Operations Manager or Senior Contract Manager. Ensure that any notifiable changes on site are communicated to the TS Operations Manager immediately.
- Ensure that works have been undertaken in accordance with required designs, specifications, standards and HSQE requirements. Conduct planned routine site inspections and quality control checks against approved quality plans and Inspection & Test Certs.
- Keep TS Operations Manager informed of any issues/problems that could affect safety, quality, and cost on the installation/maintenance activities. Report any non-compliance immediately to TS Operations Manager or Senior Contracts Manager, and recommend corrective actions.
- Retain accurate and detailed records of site activities, including information on labour and plant, and any non-compliant materials or workmanship discovered during installation/maintenance activities. Monitor and report monthly to the TS Operations Manager all installation/maintenance activities including program of planned work for following month.
- As delegated, agree and report on progress and quantities of work items completed in accordance with Contract. Seek agreement with Client and advise TS Operations Manager of variances.
- Monitor and expedite accurate assurance and handover documentation in accordance with the relevant manufacturer’s specifications. Ensure the required documentation is received to ensure relevant installation/maintenance activities can be performed.
- Oversee the day-to-day Traffic Signals Installation work.
- To supply Traffic Signals knowledge / assistance to estimators.
- To install Traffic Signals schemes from order to completion.
- Liaise and attend contract meetings with Clients.
- Have understanding of Contracts Terms & Conditions.
- Ensure Health and Safety, PPE rules and all aspects of Health and Safety are adhered to.
- Arrange work for Traffic Signals installation teams.
- Co-ordinate plant & transport requirements for construction & legal compliance.
- Ensure work sheets and plant returns are completed and submitted.
- Inspect work carried out.
- Control quality of work.
- Investigate any non-conformances.
- Ensure good time keeping/housekeeping,
- Liaise with Operations Manager on preparation of final applications for payment and invoices.
- Prepare invoices and applications for payments in readiness to be submitted to clients in a timely manner.
- Liaise with ITS finance manager providing information for month end processes and reporting.
General Safety Responsibilities
You must be committed to the Company’s General Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety programme and be aware of your contribution to the programme, including requirement to monitor safety performance and compliance with the systems established to assist in maintaining high safety standards. You must be familiar with the safety legislation that is relevant to your post and comply with the necessary statutory requirements. These will include the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Comply with all safety related rules, policies, directives and procedures authorised by senior management.
- Take reasonable care of oneself and of other people who may be affected by one’s actions and omissions at work.
- Co-operate with the management of the company, so far as is reasonable, regarding compliance with any statutory provisions.
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare in pursuance of any relevant statutory provisions and comply with that legislation which is specific to the post.
Required skills and knowledge
- Experience on Highway infrastructure and Traffic Signals Installation, Test and Commissioning.
- An understanding and experience in application of safety legislation and corporate safety procedures.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Willingness to develop in all areas.
- City and Guilds Part 1 & 2 electrical installations or equivalent.
- 2391 testing.
- BS 7671 17th Edition update.
- HERS accreditation.
As well as the appropriate technical knowledge and skills, you will be asked to demonstrate the following key competencies if you are selected for interview:
- Working with others
- Delivering results
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.