Traffic Management Operatives
Traffic Management Operatives – Birmingham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have several opportunities available within our Contracting team for skilled and unskilled Traffic Management Operatives, to be based near our main site in Birmingham. You will be responsible for installing, maintaining and removing temporary traffic management on both high and low speed roads.
About the role
In this role, you will work to instruction from supervisors, ensuring works orders are carried out on time and to required levels of quality. You will work safely at all times, complying with site rules and permitting regulations, always representing Colas in a professional manner.
- On a daily basis check, maintain and if required, repair all traffic management equipment
- Install, check and remove all traffic management to the legal requirement and as trained in sector scheme 12a/b/c/d
- Load and unload vehicles when requested
- Complete work and maintenance sheets for every job and return to supervisor in charge
- Observe and promote all aspects of health and safety
- Communicating any issues that may arise on the network
We are looking for people with previous experience in temporary traffic management, as well as those with basic civil skills and are looking for a career in Traffic Management. Colas will offer training and development for all unskilled and skilled operatives.
- Hold a 12a/b/d qualification (fully carded)
- IPV (desirable)
- Hold a full driving license (preferably a HGV license)
- CSCS card
- Able to adapt to the variety of work expected in the role
- Work effectively in a small team or individually
- Good physical health as the role can sometimes be physically demanding
- Able to produce and maintain accurate and clear records
- Good organisation and communication skills
As well as a very competitive hourly rate, we are offering a host of other benefits, which include:
- Full time, 40 hour contract, plus overtime and performance related bonuses
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- A competitive contribution pension scheme
- The chance to work with a highly skilled team and work for a well-established business
- Excellent training and career opportunities within the business
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.