Traffic Management Manager - North West
Traffic Management Manager
Location: North West
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Due to the increased workflow of our North West division, we are currently looking to recruit a Traffic Management Manager. The TM Manager will support the regional operations manager and his team, providing leadership and direction to the traffic management team under their control.
- Assist in ensuring the safe and efficient running of the contracts to budget and reflect the image of the company.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the contracts in the above areas.
- Ensure good relationships are maintained with the Principle Contractor and the appropriate allocation, utilisation and integration of resources takes place.
- To ensure all operational staff discharge their duties in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all supervisors and operatives under your control.
- Develop the skills and competencies of individuals within the team.
- Promote and enhance Safety awareness within the company and continue to improve performance of the LTFR, the reduction on L.T.I. `s and Unsafe Acts.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within their area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure all operational supervisors have all Risk Assessments in place and available for all staff, operatives and sub-contractors before any work commences.
- Responsible for the companies’ quality procedures being adhered to.
- Responsible for assisting the Operations manager with budget preparation and monitoring and attaining of targets.
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the Operations manager.
The successful must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in similar discipline along with relevant qualifications. You will have been working on high and low speed networks giving you working knowledge of management, Health and Safety and the Chapter 8 requirements on similar projects.
You will also have:
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of business management systems including integration of all components.
- Business acumen.
- Detailed knowledge of the industry.
- Organisation ability.
- Presentation skills.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.