Traffic Management Estimator
Traffic Management Estimator - Leeds
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Our preconstruction department are currently looking to recruit a Traffic Management Estimator.
The TM Estimator role involves compiling estimates for traffic management and vehicle restraint systems (VRS) projects for both external clients and Colas Ltd internal business units. Undertaking first principals estimating in line with our client’s requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with Colas Ltd’ ethical working practices and estimating procedures. You will be working on a variety of tenders including standalone projects, term maintenance contracts and frameworks balancing several active tenders at any one time.
- Producing accurate and compliant tenders with due account of risks and opportunities present as agreed with the appropriate delegate during tender commission.
- Adhering to the approved estimating process and ensuring stage gates are observed when appropriate.
- Providing content for governance process in a timely and considered manner.
- Maintaining the accuracy of library rates appropriate for the estimate.
- Ensuring that a comprehensive handover is undertaken and commercial and operational teams have an appropriate understanding of the estimate.
- Ensuring all documents and spreadsheet used in the production of estimates are appropriately archived and saved onto SharePoint upon tender closedown.
- Undertaking audits of other estimators in line with the estimating procedure.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of Colas Ltd business processes and procedures and ensure continued compliance within own area of discipline. Conduct all duties and responsibilities in a manner that appropriately and adequately supports the group image and code of ethics.
- To promote the safety imperative undertake the appropriate of Management Safety Observations as set in annual targets. Promote and enhance safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified and currently working as an estimator within the traffic management and/or infrastructure industry. You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of successfully estimating and bidding on a number of complex sizeable contracts in the provision of transport infrastructure and/or civil engineering services.
You will also have:
- Strong awareness of traffic management / VRS
- Strong planning / organisational qualities
- Knowledge of estimating software / MS suite of software
- Willingness to assist in the development of others
- Good written and oral communication skill
- Good knowledge of the industry
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.