Traffic Management Designer
Traffic Management Designer
Location: North West
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Due to the increased workflow of our North West contracting division, we are currently looking to recruit a Traffic Management Designer. The TM Designer will support the TM Manager and his team, providing design capability and technical advice/direction to the traffic management teams. Ensuring the safe and efficient running of the contracts reflecting the image of the company, by producing the best solutions every time for the contract, client and traveling public.
- Compilation of designs and drawings for Traffic set ups, working with the Management teams and clients on various contracts / projects.
- Assisting with the financial performance of the contracts in the above areas, by producing the best/most cost effective solutions every time for the contract, client and travelling public
- Ensure good relationships with the teams and the clients.
- Promote and enhance Safety awareness within the company and continue to improve performance of the LTFR, the reduction on L.T.I. `s and Unsafe Acts.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within their area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of all.
- Responsible for the companies’ quality procedures being adhered to.
The successful must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in similar discipline and or relevant qualifications. You will have been working on high and low speed networks giving you working knowledge of Health and Safety and the Chapter 8 requirements.
- Have working knowledge of Health and Safety, current legislation i.e. safety at street works 2013; Traffic signs manuals and TSRGD 2016.
- Be working towards the IHE TTME temporary traffic management engineering qualification.
- Have a full clean driving license.
- Be self-motivated & able to work with minimal supervision
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Good with computers and a natural ability to learn new skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure and stay calm
- Be a good team player and able to build strong relationships
- Have a Positive attitude to working with people and delivering outcomes
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.