Surfacing Supervisor - Airfields
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Working with the Construction Works Manager / Agent to ensure full compliance with all Quality procedures, Inspection and Test Plans and safe working practices whilst undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and Environmental standards. In addition, you will provide proactive liaison and support to enable a good partnering relationship
This role is site based, Airfield projects may be undertaken anywhere within the UK or Globally in accordance with the Business Unit Strategy
- Providing leadership and direction to the surfacing crews to ensure the safe and efficient discharge of the works to specification
- Providing leadership and direction to minor civil engineering projects to ensure the safe and efficient discharge of the works to specification
- Ensuring all site-specific method statements are relayed to all personnel.
- Ensuring activity RA/MS are available on site for review and all workforces are familiar with them
- Building and maintaining working relationships with clients
- Undertaking ad hoc checks to ensure all plant and transport is kept in a serviceable condition, clean and defect free
- Ensuring right first-time approach to all work.
- Plan every-day work activities in accordance with the company core values and maintain the highest standards of ethics and corporate compliance at all times.
- Maintain accurate contemporary records of work & resource (labour, plant, materials) utilisation.
- Always act in such a way as to further the company reputation and always give special consideration to the public image and standing of Colas.
- At all times, ensure that KPI’s relating to surfacing activities are achieved, or plans put in place to resolve negative KPI performance issues.
- Support and take an active part, where appropriate, in the company-wide drive to excellence through the EFQM initiative.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within Colas’ business sectors as they relate to this appointment.
- Demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities in a manner that appropriately and adequately supports business unit operating across the country.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate is likely to be currently employed as a surfacing supervisor for Highways or Airfield Divisions or Region and have good experience of surfacing and management of personnel in the provision of transport infrastructure or civil engineering services. You will have a proven track record of asphalt work and HSEQ system implementation.
You will also:
- Have worked in the Construction industry and its key processes including asphalt surfacing
- Managed surfacing personnel within the project
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of success in asphalt surfacing works delivery
- Have a strong commitment to Business Improvement and HSEQ principles
- Have understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice
- Be a strong communicator and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Hold a CSCS card and have CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.