Surfacing Site Agent
- Responsible for the delivery of all activities within the surfacing department
- Ensure all schemes have the relevant pre scheme site specific checks carried out prior to arriving on site
- Ensure a smooth handover between this Site Agent role and the Sub Agents for all schemes, including hand over of the Scheme pack provided by Operations Manager
- Allocate resources and plant to schemes in line with the build ups provided by the Operations Manager
- Ensure all materials are booked and correct in line with the scheme specification and build ups provided by the Operations Manager
- Ensure correct Start of Shift briefings are carried out by Sub Agents to ensure the gangs are fully informed of their work and responsibilities for each shift, including ensuring specific risks are identified in the scheme pack
- Produce and manage weekly programmes for all labour and plant
- Collect and approve all time sheets from the Sub Agents
- Collect and approve/Input all Weekly record sheets ensuring everything has been correctly allocated and utilised, update Cost Capture system to allow the applications to be raised in a timely manner
- Monitor Plant utilisation and inform Operations Manager of any standing plant or labour on a weekly basis.
- Chair and minute monthly Foreman Meetings with the Foremen and Sub Agents,
- Carry out investigation meetings including for any potential disciplinary issues.
- Encourage Near Miss and MSO reporting through the Foreman and Sub Agents, all Near Miss and MSO’s must be reported through the correct company procedures
- Carry out and encourage Tool box talks through the whole team, record all toolbox talks delivered on the Share drive registers
- Ensure all operatives have the correct PPE available at all times, all PPE distributed must be recorded and the PPE registers updated, Foreman and Sub agents to carry PPE in the vehicles to allow for emergencies.
- Ensure all plant defects are reported to the P&T department, any defects not being rectified must be escalated to the plant and transport manager
- Appropriate ONC or HNC qualification desirable – surfacing experience, civil engineering
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility / adaptability
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Must be a team player
- Be a good manager with the ability to liaise & communicate well within the team & externally particularly with the public
- Must have experience of supervising & motivating all personnel under their control
- Requires strong commitment to Quality, Safety & Environmental issues.
- Good sense of humour
- Great time management, ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Conscientious, reliable and trustworthy
- Communications and team spirit philosophy
- Embrace the continuous improvement philosophy
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.