Surfacing Quantity Surveyor
About the Role
Due to the increased workload within our Surfacing team, we are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor in Newcastle.
The Quantity Surveyor will carry out quantity surveying duties for all contract work, as directed by the senior management. This will include but not limited to, preparing and submitting valuations to clients, placing subcontractors and making subcontract assessments in line with the tendered strategy. Be involved in the preparation and submission of final accounts; ensuring timeous receipt of monies by efficient invoicing and collection of all debts.
Although this role is Newcastle based the commercial team must be prepared to be flexible as some work may be site based for key projects.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will be; a degree qualified Quantity Surveyor with in-depth demonstrable evidence of relevant Highways and Surfacing post degree experience. An excellent communicator, client focused with good commercial awareness and commitment to business success. You will have good time management/attitude to change, ability to plan and prioritise your own workload working under pressure to meet deadlines.
You will also have:
- Flexible approach.
- Good IT skills in MS Word and Excel, with a familiarity of MS project.
- Be conscientious.
- An eye for detail.
- Full clean driving licence.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.