Surface Dressing Operative
To work within the machine applied crew to assist in the laying of road surfaces as required. Ensure the works are completed on time and within budget. Work in a manner that is conducive to health and safety.
- To safely carry out repairs and improvements to a variety of built environment infrastructure using the surface dressing process.
- Apply safe methods of working through the use of personal protective equipment, correct manual handling, use of small plant and equipment such as excavators, roller/breaker, compaction equipment, dumpers, motorised circular saws and other related equipment.
- Apply and abide by Health & Safety at Work Act, Road Traffic Act and apply safe methods of working to all activities.
- Understand and follow procedures relating to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Understand and follow procedures relating to Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome regulations (HAVS).
- Drive a HGV vehicle within the confines of The Road Traffic Act
- Operate machinery as required and directed by the foreman
- Be available to work away from home on a one weekend on one off basis, no bank holiday working
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- HGV Class 2 licence (essential)
- CSCS card (essential)
- Spray-Tanker Driver (beneficial)
- Spraybar Operator (beneficial)
- Phoenix Operator (beneficial)
- Driving experience is a must but training on the job will be given
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.