Supply Chain Manager
- Ability to work within a dynamic integrated bid team and support the development of all aspects of bidding and post contract award solutions.
- Work with National Procurement Manager and Commercial Manager to develop project procurement strategies.
- Identification, selection and management of strategic partners.
- Lead subcontract and major supply pre-let meetings.
- Work with the National Procurement Manager to close out strategic tender and contract negotiations.
- Assessing, valuing and advising on Commercial Risk associated with Supply Chain.
- Carrying out quotation analysis, evaluation and selection of vendors, presents tender reviews / recommendation reports to Project/Senior Management Teams.
- Working with the Commercial Manager and Legal Manager to ensure Supply Chain strategies are underpinned by sound legal and commercial governance.
- Report on project cost savings.
- Liaises and drives relationships within Colas and at all levels in the supplier’s organisation.
- Promotes innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to Procurement processes & procedures.
- Achieves targets set by Strategic Procurement Manager and Commercial Manager, prepares and presents reports in a timely & accurate manner.
- Ensuring Procurement is to the Procurement Policy and Colas Strategy.
- Possess or working toward corporate membership of the CIPS
- Extensive procurement experience and good understanding of key Colas activities associated with highways and civil engineering projects.
- Proven track record of supporting and complimenting the development of strategies and solutions.
- An understanding of industry standard contract forms e.g. NEC, JCT.
- Good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support bidding opportunities and projects.
- Engagement with supply chain to contribute to value engineering and innovation.
- Support the management of strategic framework agreements for key goods and services.
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Decent understanding of market analysis and projections, including regular review and understanding of market trends and projections for goods, commodities and service relevant to Colas business activities.
- Ability to support the determination of the ‘market’ rate for key commodities and services to support the bidding process.
- Compliment the development of a major project delivery strategy is essential.
- Able to present major project commercial procurement strategy within integrated bid teams.
Personal Attributes/ Skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Brilliant relationship and people management abilities.
- Great time management and organisational talents.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions.
- Continually review and improvement performance.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Committed and self-driven.
- Experience in SAP or equivalent platform based purchasing systems.
Colas is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applicants from all minority groups.
Colas UK currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas UK.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.