Sub Agent – Oxfordshire
Sub Agent – Oxfordshire
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Due to exciting company growth, we are recruiting a Sub Agent to support our Oxfordshire Civil Engineering schemes based initially in Bicester and Bedford. Reporting to either a Site Agent or Project Manager, the successful Sub Agent will assist the site team in daily operational management of the projects.
About the Role
The successful Sub Agent will assist the site team in the management of projects from contract award through to completion. The main duties are:
- Develop safe systems of work that ensure adherence to Company Health and Safety Policy
- Preparation, monitoring and implementation of Quality planning and controls to ensure project compliance with the Specification and the Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability Company Policies
- Liaise with senior foreman on daily basis issues related with programme, resources, production, productivity necessary to meet with programme requirements
- Actively mentor and develop Site Engineers, graduates and trainees
- Undertake temporary works planning and checking and lift plans in accordance with company procedures when suitably trained
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- Completion of records – diary, QA, ITP
- Undertake the roles assigned within the Construction Phase H&S Plan such as to deliver site Inductions, prepare Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, and permits to work.
- Requisitions for plant and materials within tender allowances including taking off quantities;
- Recording of Plant, Labour and Material receipts
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a similar position. You will also have:
- Proven experience, from an engineering background, demonstrating progress to Sub Agent
- Experience in highways sector work, temporary works
- Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering
- Ability to challenge designs and assist in developing solutions to problems
- Relevant Technical knowledge and ability to visualize and interpret drawings.
- Good understanding of construction methods, health and safety regulations
- SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification)
- Relevant CSCS card
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND/Degree qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- NRSWA (Supervisor)
- Knowledge and understanding of NEC conditions of Contract, and in implementing contract processes
- CPCS Supervisors card (Cranes/Lifting)
- First Aider
- CAT and Genny training
- CPD evidence of relevant post graduate practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Forms of Contract, Scaffolding Appreciation, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H&S Management, e.t.c.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.