As one of our placement students, you will have the opportunity to network and build relationships with like-minded people across the business, access to professional and technical experts, exposure to Colas’ business and strategies and the chance to enhance your academic studies with a series of summer work placements.
We offer both summer placements and longer-term industrial placements.
When you’re on a placement with Colas, you will work to mutually agreed objectives enabling you to focus on key interests or areas of development. You’ll also be given the opportunity to link in with senior management to work on live business challenges. This serves as the foundation to building our pipeline of future leaders. Many of our senior management team started out at Colas as graduates and apprentices, we are keen to develop our own talent for the future!
The Student Programme summer work placements last between 8-12 weeks. During your industrial placement period (6 -12 months), you’ll have a chance to work across a range of exciting projects across the UK.
What exactly are we looking for?
The role would be well suited to undergraduates on Civil / Structural Engineering or Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management courses working towards a minimum of a Second-Class Honours undergraduate degree.
- Previous experience of working on site would be advantageous
- Willing to travel across the UK
- Good leaderships skills and decision making capacity
- A confident ambassador of the company
- Ability to interpret, simplify and respond to complex documents and good analytical skills
- High motivation to join Colas UK
- Broad understanding of the industry
- Willingness to develop as a professional
What we offer?
- Competitive salary
- ICE/RICS Professional Development
- Mentoring scheme
- Student and graduate events
- Future leaders programme
- International opportunities
How to apply
To apply for one of the positions, please email email@example.com.
Vacancies close in January and successful applicants will be invited to attend an assessment centre held between February to March. Students begin their placements in June with a one-day induction held at our Birmingham Office.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.