Street Lighting Supervisor
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our highly innovative Integrated Transport Systems (ITS) area of the business, which specialises in the use of smart technology and systems for traffic signalling, traffic monitoring and enforcement cameras, variable message signs, access control systems, street lighting and ancillary roadside equipment. Colas has invested in developing the next generation of traffic solutions with the amazing potential of our Wattway solar panel road surface already being recognised – delivering more efficient and safer journeys for road users.
About the Role
Working from our Peacehaven depot on the South Coast, you’ll be responsible for the installation of street lighting and street furniture. You’ll support the company in developing new business within the street lighting sector by providing a managed, high quality, efficient and reliable service. You’ll be expected to ensure that all operations carried out within street lighting are undertaken with full regard for the safety of staff, contractors, members of the public and yourself.
You’ll ensure all activities carried out within street lighting are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- Support all aspects of the company’s Health & Safety policies
- Support the Contract Manager in decision making, by communicating all technical and on-site considerations effectively
- Liaise with our clients and their designers to ensure that their proposed designs and programs are technically achievable.
- Be responsible for delivering start of shift briefings and completing pre-start site visits to establish plant/access requirements.
- Liaise with ITS Street Lighting engineers, site agents, developers and clients to ensure that all relevant information and equipment is made available for installation teams.
- Ensure that all work and waste disposal are undertaken in accordance with environmental controls and policies.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of working in a Local Authority and/or development environment with site street lighting installations; experienced with street lighting installation, testing and commissioning; electrical knowledge and mechanical aptitude; detailed understanding of street lighting site installations and associated street furniture.
A full, clean driving license is required, along with the ability to travel. You’ll possess a deep customer centric service delivery focus; have effective time management techniques to organise the workload associated to this role; be able to prioritise own and team activities via consultation with line manager and programme; and have commercial awareness in identifying items of work within Technical designs and drawings, which are not within our agreed rates.
You’ll ideally be able to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Site Supervisory safety training scheme (SSSTS) Desirable
- HEA/NHSS 8 Qualifying Supervisor Desirable
- Hold a valid ECS/CSCS card
- Hold a valid IPAF card
- G39 qualified.
- Electrically Qualified to;
- BS 7671 wiring regulations (18th Edition)
- City & Guilds Part 1 & 2 Electrical Installations or equivalent
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Desirable
- Fully IT literate to an intermediate capability of Microsoft applications.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.