Stakeholder Liaison Officer (18 Month FTC)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas will be undertaking Infrastructure Improvement Works for Durham University, with the work commencing November 2019 until April 2021. The works will be carried out in multiple phases to the areas surrounding the South Road in Durham, close to the Durham University campus. Due to the nature of the location of the works, a Stakeholder Liaison Officer is required to lead our Communications Strategy, in partnership with the University and our Project Manager, for the entirety of the contract.
About the Role
The Stakeholder Liaison Officer (SLO) will lead in communicating our works activities with Durham University and all stakeholders, including: staff, students, local businesses, road users, and the wider public. The SLO will manage stakeholder needs whilst upholding the reputation of Colas and Durham University at all times. The SLO will be the first point of contact for any stakeholder concerns or issues and will meet with the University and Project Manager on a regular basis to assess the effectiveness of the communication strategy.
- Collaborate with the University and the Project Manager to organise and lead an initial Q&A session for key University Stakeholders, such as surrounding colleges and businesses
- Attend regular meetings with representatives from the University and the Project Manager to assess the effectiveness of the Communication Strategy
- Organise and attend all stakeholder meetings in partnership with the Project Manager and the University, in line with the University Stakeholder Plan and the tender submission
- Organise and attend stakeholder outreach activities, such as Q&A sessions and drop-ins
- Communicate updates on road closures and diversions to the University
- Compile all stakeholder needs, contact details and requirements within a Communications Plan- update on regular basis and ensure it is shared and distributed to the University and the works team through a shared platform (Microsoft Teams)
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and the University to design appropriate information leaflets for letter drops
- Compile a Community Engagement Log, ensuring all stakeholder interactions are logged and detailed, updating the Complaints/Compliments Log and Communications Plan when necessary.
- Keep a detailed Compliments/Complaints Log, ensuring all feedback is recorded, analysed and followed-up systematically.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with a solid background in Customer Service.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Be self-motivated & able to work with minimal supervision
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Good with computers and a natural ability to learn new skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure and stay calm
- Be a good team player and able to build strong relationships
- Have a Positive attitude to working with people and delivering outcomes
- Capable of empathising with people and being a good listener
- Have at least 2 years experience in a Customer Service environment
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.