Social Value Lead
Social Value Lead
Location: North West
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors, as well as offering highways maintenance services, and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Colas are mindful of our responsibilities to society and the communities in which we operate and are seeking to recruit a Social Value Lead to make sure that our practices, processes, products, and procedures are ethical, sustainable, and environmentally friendly. We are looking for a creative leader to advance this commitment and to drive positive change.
The Social Value Lead will drive and monitor progress, making sure that strong social value performance is driven across the regional business. Reporting and evidence capture will be required on a weekly and monthly basis.
The Social Value Lead role will also involve aspects of marketing and publicity in conjunction with our in-house marketing team. They will act as an internal and external representative for Colas CSR policies and projects. They will be responsible for raising awareness of Colas’ commitment to social value and generating publicity around Colas’ positive and community focused endeavors.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
- Develop and deliver our Social Value / CSR strategy across the North West with the business unit leadership team
- Engage with clients and local stakeholders as the ‘go to’ contact for Social Value / CSR in the North West
- Understand local stakeholder needs / priorities and develop research to support SV planning and business development interactions
- Support the preconstruction team with tender stage social value planning and quality responses
- Collaboratively develop Social Value Plans with stakeholders post-tender
- Support the delivery teams to carry out planned activities, ensuring outcomes are recorded
- Monitor performance, flag early warnings and support the continuous development process
- Produce detailed reporting documents on a weekly and monthly basis as well as project / area / themed case studies
You will also:
- Be self-motivated & able to work with minimal supervision
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Be good with computers and have a natural ability to learn new skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure and stay calm
- Be a good team player and able to build strong relationships
- Have a positive attitude to working with people and delivering outcomes
- Capable of empathising with people and being a good listener
- Be able to develop strategies
- Understand local government policies relating to CSR, Carbon reduction and SV requirements
- Be able to write robust action plans and delivery programmes
- Have a understanding of LEAN methods
- Hold a valid UK driving license
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.