Skilled Operatives - Birmingham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have several opportunities available within our Contracting team for skilled operatives, to be based near our main site in Birmingham.
About the role
In this role, you will undertake all aspects of highway works including all types of drainage, kerbing and general civil engineering, assisting with efficient delivery of all secured contracts whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and Safe working practices.
- Provide assistance to all site personnel, whilst gaining practical site experience
- Ensure appropriate safe use of small plant / tools gaining suitable competency certificates
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure works are carried out in a safe manner adhering to site specific Risk Assessment & Method Statements at all times
- Maintain / develop good relations with all client personnel
- Attend inductions / tool box talks / all appropriate briefings
- Appropriate task PPE to be worn in suitable condition at all times
- Ensure all company procedures are understood and adhered
- Hold a flexible approach to working patterns and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Continued development of experience in highway construction and maintenance
- Effective time management between duties
- Completion of required paperwork in line with company requirements
- Ensure that all other paperwork is delivered to the operational office within defined timescales
- Attend training courses as and when relevant to ensure continued development
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
We are looking for people with previous experience in civil engineering / highways works.
You will have:
- Desirable GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – Minimum Grade C
- Suitable construction experience and/or training course attendance
- R.S.W.A (Operative or Supervisor)
- CSCS Card
As well as a very competitive hourly rate, we are offering a host of other benefits,
- Full time, 40 hour contract, plus overtime and performance related bonuses
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- A competitive contribution pension scheme
- The chance to work with a highly skilled team and work for a well-established business
- Excellent training and career opportunities within the business
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.