Skilled Line Marking Operative
- Ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Assure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
- Drive, operate and maintain paint/thermoplastic equipment for application on parking areas, Highways, and road ways.
- Check performance of the numerous components of various marking equipment including air compressor, auxiliary engines, pumps, heaters, hydraulic systems, paint / thermoplastic/air/water and hydraulic lines; trouble shoot equipment failures and report unresolved problems to assigned staff.
- Read interpret and follow construction drawings and specifications as required to lay out unmarked various traffic stripes and pavement markings.
- Perform arithmetic calculations.
- Operate and maintain hot (400+degrees) thermoplastic equipment for the application of various traffic stripes and pavement markings.
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Operate and maintain thermal lances for the removal of thermoplastic road markings.
- Drive, operate and maintain line marking truck and equipment for applying hot (400+ degree) thermoplastic material.
- Operate and assist in the operation of vehicles, trailers and equipment, to include backup driving operations.
- Perform manual labour, including the use of hand tools and operate various equipment; drive utility trucks on a daily basis; load and unload equipment supplies and materials.
- Assist in the installation and removal of traffic control operations.
- Perform daily vehicle and equipment inspections as required.
- Maintain daily logs and other records as directed and required.
- Accomplish other job related duties as directed.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies and Employee safety handbook.
- Requires extensive work schedules on weekdays, and availability to deploy at nights and other times that may be required.
- Frequent job functions are carried out in difficult and frequently hazardous working Environments, including extremes of temperature, extensive direct sunlight, night work and heavy traffic situations.
- Regular job functions are carried out in an Environment with exposure to noise, including those associated with, Highways, Construction sites and Construction equipment.
- Periodic exposure to paint, Thermoplastic, paint fumes, Thermoplastic fumes, Chemicals, Chemical fumes and other Environmental substances.
- RSMA NVQ Level 2 in Road Building – Pavement Marking (Manual Operations)
- Essential Experience required
- Clean Driving Licence essential
- Essential job functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for light to heavy
- Lifting and carrying, as well as performing work activities that require fine manual dexterity or coordination in operating machines and equipment with steering wheels, buttons, and rocker switches.
- Regular job functions include continuous strenuous activities such as repetitive reaching, bending, lifting, twisting, kneeling, squatting and pulling; prolonged periods of standing and walking; and operating motorizes equipment and vehicles.
- Requires explaining facts, interpreting situations, understanding oral and written instructions, and communicating with employees and members of the public.
- Involves the ability to quickly assess and prioritise customer needs.
- Entails the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with customers and co –workers in high stress situations.
- Obliges the ability to respond in a courteous and helpful manner to customers, members of the public and co-workers who are angry or upset.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks to fulfil job requirements.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of the assigned duties.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.