Dimensions of the job
To act within the financial authorities for contracting operations and to ensure compliance with the Quality Manual for contracting.
- Ensure contract delivered on time, within budget and to program
- Assure that Contract Agents and staff are aware of all relevant contract details.
- Maintain a good relationship with clients and customers.
- Minimise disputes.
- Have a high level of commercial awareness related to the works and P&L responsibility where required
- Confirm that all work is carried out to Company Safety, Environmental, and Quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives on these matters.
- To carry out Safety Audits as laid down by line management.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to ensure their strict adherence of the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Quality Standards.
- Understand the COSHH regulations, particularly as they relate to the Recycling Process, and to ensure the required information is relayed to the persons handling the materials concerned.
- Co-operate with the Group Safety Department in the compilation and update of Safe Working Procedures for the process of which he is involved.
- Certify that all employees are properly trained and are fully conversant with the Company Procedures.
- Understand all commercial aspects of the operation and to be aware of competitor’s activities.
- Manage and motivate colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with Company administrative procedures.
- Assure compliance with the Company’s Quality Assurance procedures.
- Complete other appropriate duties as assigned by your Line Manager.
Experience / training
- ONC, HNC or Degree – Min 15 years Surfacing/Civils and Airfields Experience
- Experience in major civil projects.
- Experience in design & build projects
- Requires strong commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
- Previous Commercial Experience and budget control
- Fine detail to programming and co-ordination of works with 3rd parties
- Site programming and resource management to ensure optimal progress and performance
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.