Site Agent - North West
Highways Site Agent – North West
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas Highways Contracting North holds an extensive portfolio of capability and experience delivering all highways civil engineering requirements, focused on a true “fence to fence” highways solution. Our diverse range of services include public realm improvements, junction improvements, car parks including park and ride facilities, foot-ways, cycle-ways and other infrastructure for non-motorised users, carriageway construction and surfacing, drainage improvements, signalisation, road lining & Carriageway studs and more.
About the Role
Our North West regional team are looking to recruit a site agent to efficiently deliver projects to the highest possible health, safety and environmental standards. The site agent is responsible for the management of key client expectations whilst ensuring the compliance with all quality procedures and safe working practices. In addition the site agent will be acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue and expenditure, having a sound and proven track record in engineering highways, drainage and civil engineering schemes.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Applicants will have an appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in construction/civil engineering, you will have worked within the highways construction sector progressing from a site engineer to site agent, working on fast track motorways and trunk road projects.
You will also have:
- Commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of health and safety polices.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Software.
- Previous commercial experience and budget control.
- Good analytical capability.
- Practice of prioritising time critical work.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.