Site Agent - Leeds
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to all site personnel.
- Deliver sound Engineering knowledge to the projects ensuring compliance with all Industry Specifications and standards, along with understanding requirements of the Works Information.
- Efficient management and utilisation of all business unit / company resource through planning and effective dialogue with the local delivery team.
- Ensure thorough management of all labour, plant, materials and subcontractors allowing planning, order placement and availability when required.
- Assistance with the development and updating of regular activity programmes for all contract responsibilities in accordance with client requirement.
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company.
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with responsibility for the financial performance of contracts.
- Maintain / develop good relations with all key and potential clients incorporating regular meeting and site visits.
- Offer regular point of contact for all personnel.
- Be responsible for site safety by ensuring compliance to method statements and risk assessments using induction / tool box talks / appropriate use of PPE. Ensuring constant compliance to all applicable CDM regulations.
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of all operatives.
- Assure all personnel comply with company procedures.
- Encourage operative understanding of the need for a flexible approach to their work and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business.
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs.
- Undertake safety observations [24per annum] and toolbox talks as designated.
- Demonstrate and deploy good contractual and commercial awareness.
- Prepare and agree all additional works and variations ensuring documented records are maintained and enacted upon ensuring maximum financial recovery on all contract works ensuring official instruction gained prior to delivery.
- Hold a good level of experience in highway construction and maintenance.
- Interaction with subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information is made available and coordinated.
- Effective time management between site and office duties as required to effectively administer works and properly discharge your duties.
- Ensure all personnel are properly inducted and records kept by carrying out site checks and auditing induction files.
- Attend pre start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions.
- Support, encourage and develop all operatives within the team identifying all appropriate training needs.
- To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- Ensure compliance with company safety & quality procedures.
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services adhering to financial authority levels.
- Ensure all timesheets are checked and signed and issued within required timescales.
- Ensure timely checking/ completion of cost capture sheets ensuring accurate population and presentation of all plant and labour returns.
- Ensure that all other paperwork is delivered to the operational office within defined timescales.
- Provision of timely and correct information for invoicing in accordance with the companies accounting timetable.
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- Desirable GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – A to C
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance
- 3years in a similar discipline with highway construction (fast track motorways and trunk roads desirable but not essential)
- Demonstrate an Engineering background with a Civil Engineering employer
- Good knowledge of Highway Structural maintenance & Flood risk management desirable
- Proven track record of resource / personnel management
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and requirements
- Working knowledge of HR procedures in employment and discipline
- Previous experience of NEC & ICE contract standards
- Full clean driving license
- Ideally worked for a Principle Contractor but also had exposure to working in a Sub Contractor environment.
- Knowledge of business management systems.
- Good leadership and planning / organisational qualities.
- Motivator and people manager.
- Development of others.
- Good communication.
- Achievement / Results driven.
- Client focused with regular dialogue and interaction – Internal / External.
- Detailed knowledge of the industry.
- Problem Solving.
- Attend cost capture and progress meetings.
- Assist with Tenders.
- Ensure compliance to procurement procedures.
- Performance management of all staff.
- Good written and oral skills.
- Analytical thinker.
- Demonstration of flexibility and adaptability.
- You must have experience of setting-out on civil engineering schemes including, drainage, highways, earthworks and infrastructure projects, and be able to produce as-built drawings and records upon completion.
- Ability to produce Risk assessments and accompanying Method Statements for all elements of works, and have working knowledge of recognising hazards and risks and maintain a working Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan in accordance with all CDM requirements.
- Have experience of using Microsoft Project and ability to amend as the schemes require
- Understanding of industry specifications, have knowledge how they work and be able to apply these to the works.
- Have experience and understanding of NEC documents and be able to apply this to the projects which you are responsible for including issuing EW and CE compilation with the assistance of the Commercial Department.
- Have ability to recognise and record all additional works, raise Technical Queries with the Clients and attend/agree measures on site.
- Must be a team player.
- Good time management
- Brilliant supervisor and motivator.
- Commitment to business success.
- Flexibility of approach.
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable.
- Committed to partnering and Integration.
- Committed to Continuous improvement and Innovation.
- Motivated by results.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.