Site Agent - Grantham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
The role of the Site Agent is to effectively plan, supervise and manage control crews and sub-contractors undertaking both carriageways and footways across all processes in order to achieve or better productivity and cost levels.
You will also:
- Provide all necessary information to foreman to able contracts to proceed efficiently and safely
- Carry out and agree final measures with clients prior to submission of invoices
- Co-ordinate and control man power, vehicles and plant materials
- Regularly review contracts to ensure budget margins are achieved, identifying and discussing any variances with the Operations Manager
- Carry out accurate site inspections prior to the submission of tenders & quotations
- Ensure all work is carried out to company Safety, Environment and Quality standards and regularly communicating with staff and operatives on these matters
- Assisting in providing prompt road traffic and personal accident reporting and investigations
- Understand the COSHH regulations connected with the processes under your responsibility, ensuring that required information is related to the person handling the materials concerned
- Ensure compliance with Chapter 8 road work signing and company administrative procedures
- Help promote all processes with existing and new clients encouraging new business opportunities and increasing client base in order to achieve overall budget
- Undertake regular review of weekly wages/bonuses
- Ensure that quality assurance procedures are understood and followed and carrying out regular reviews of non-conformances and complaints through the QA system
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Applicants will have an appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in construction/civil engineering, you will have a full understanding of carriageway and footway contracting activities, experienced in managing operatives and plant and material resources.
You will also have:
- Commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of health and safety polices
- Good working knowledge of IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Software
- Previous commercial experience and budget control
- Good analytical capability
- Practice of prioritising time critical work
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.