- Ensure contract/s are delivered safely, on time, within budget and to programme.
- Maintain a good relationship with clients to avoid disputes.
- Have a high level of commercial awareness related to the works.
- Assure that all work is carried out to company safety, environmental, and Quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives.
- Carry out Safety Audits and TRACCA’s as required by line management.
- Liaise with & manage sub-contractors to ensure their strict adherence of the company Health, Safety and Environment policy and Quality standards.
- Good knowledge of all types of road construction and maintenance and working in life traffic situations.
- Understand COSHH regulations, particularly as they relate to the operational process, and to ensure the required information is relayed to the persons handling the materials concerned.
- Co-operate with the Group Safety Department in the compilation and update of Safe Working Procedures for the process involved.
- Guarantee that all employees are properly trained for the task being undertaken and are fully conversant with the Company Procedures.
- Recognise all commercial aspects of the operation and to be aware of competitor’s activities.
- Certify compliance with the company’s Quality Assurance procedures.
- Complete other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
- ONC, HNC or Degree – Civils/ Surfacing experience.
- Experience in civil engineering projects.
- Knowledge in design & build projects.
- Skill and knowledge of the highways maintenance sector.
- Requires strong commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of health and safety polices.
- Have good working knowledge of IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Software.
- Previous commercial experience and budget control.
- Good analytical capability.
- Practice of prioritising time critical work.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
- Working safely.
- Vision, mission & values.
- Personal organisation.
- Relationship management.
- Continuous development & innovation.
- Flexibility/attitude to change.
- Decision making & accountability.
- Commercial awareness.
- Problem solving/analytical thinking.
- The ability to think laterally and look for cost effective alternatives.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbal.
- Strong risk management and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.