Site Agent - Birmingham
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
Our Central regional team are looking to recruit a Site Agent to efficiently deliver projects to the highest possible health, safety and environmental standards. The Site Agent is responsible for the management of key client expectations whilst ensuring the compliance with all quality procedures and safe working practices. In addition, the Site Agent will be acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue and expenditure, having a sound and proven track record in engineering highways, drainage and civil engineering schemes.
- Provide leadership and motivation to all site personnel
- Provide good Engineering knowledge and understanding to all works ensuring compliance with all industry specifications and standards, along with understanding requirements of the works information
- Efficient management and utilisation of all business unit / company resource through planning and effective dialogue with the local delivery team
- Ensure thorough management of all labour, plant, materials and subcontractors allowing planning, order placement and availability when required
- Assistance with the development and updating of regular activity programmes for all contract responsibilities in accordance with client requirements
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of Colas
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with responsibility for the financial performance of contracts
- Maintain / develop good relations with all key and potential clients incorporating regular meeting and site visits
- Provide regular point of contact for all personnel and responsibility for the safety and welfare of all operatives
- Be responsible for site safety by ensuring compliance to method statements and risk assessments using induction / tool box talks / appropriate use of PPE. Ensuring constant compliance to all applicable CDM regulations
- Encourage operative understanding of the need for flexible approach to their work and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and zero target for LTIs
- Demonstrate and deploy a good understanding of contractual and commercial awareness
- Advise commercial and operational teams on all additional works and variations ensuring documented records are maintained and enacted upon ensuring maximum financial recovery
- Interaction and supervision of assigned subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information is made available and coordinated
- Effective time management between site and office duties as required to effectively administer works and properly discharge your duties
- Ensure all personnel within your remit are properly inducted and records kept by carrying out site checks and auditing induction files
- Attend pre-start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions
- Ensure all site records and timesheets are checked and signed and issued within required timescales
Applicants will have an appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in construction/civil engineering, you will have worked within the highways construction sector progressing from a Site Engineer to Site Agent.
You will also have:
- Commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of health and safety polices.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Software.
- Previous commercial experience and budget control.
- Good analytical capability.
- Practice of prioritising time critical work.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
- Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
- Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.