Site Agent - A46 Stoneleigh
Site Agent – UK Projects - A46 Stoneleigh
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our UK Projects team specialise in major road, airfield and marine build projects in excess of £100m in value. We work on large-scale projects all over the world such as our Hoima International Airport joint venture project in Uganda. With a big focus on developing this area of our business and some high profile recent wins, it’s a great time to join our UK Projects team.
About the Role
Colas are recruiting for a Site Agent to join our UK major projects division. We are looking for someone to be flexible with travelling to various site locations across the UK.
As a Site Agent you will Safely & Efficiently deliver of all secured works ensuring management of Key Client expectations and ongoing liaison of all works, whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees.
Demonstrating strong experience in Highway Civil Engineering whilst holding responsibility for cost and value performance of responsible projects, acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue, expenditure and budgets in line with operational forecasts. Driving cost efficiency and promotion of self delivery through promotion of the One Colas culture.
You will also:
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to all site personnel
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs
- Provide good Engineering knowledge and understanding to all works ensuring compliance with all Industry Specifications and standards, along with understanding requirements of the Works Information.
- Efficient management and utilisation of all business unit / company resource through planning and effective dialogue with the local delivery team
- Ensure thorough management of all labour, plant, materials and subcontractors allowing planning, order placement and availability when required
- Lead on the development and updating of regular activity programmes for all contract responsibilities in accordance with client and project requirements.
- Ensure the production of weekly red line drop down programmes supported by weekly progress reports.
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with responsibility for the financial performance of contracts
- Maintain / develop good relations with all key and potential clients incorporating regular meeting and site visits. Responsible for the safety and welfare of all operatives
- Provide regular point of contact for all personnel
- Be responsible for site safety by ensuring compliance to method statements and risk assessments using induction / tool box talks / appropriate use of PPE. Ensuring constant compliance to all applicable CDM regulations
- Encourage operative understanding of the need for a flexible approach to their work and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Undertake safety observations and deliver toolbox talks as designated
- Demonstrate and deploy a good understanding of contractual and commercial awareness
- Advise commercial and operational teams on all additional works and variations ensuring documented records are maintained and enacted upon ensuring maximum financial recovery through change management.
- Interact and supervise assigned subcontractors ensuring all appropriate information is made available and coordinated
- Have effective time management between site and office duties as required to effectively administer works and properly discharge your duties
- Ensure all personnel within the site team are properly inducted and records kept by carrying out site checks and auditing induction files
- Attend pre start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions
- Support, encourage and develop all operatives within the team identifying all appropriate training needs
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services adhering to financial authority levels
- Ensure all site records and timesheets are checked and signed and issued within required timescales
- Arrange / convene pre start, progress and review meetings ensuring discussion of variances, contractual arrangements and any required corrective actions
- Assist and uphold discipline within the business ensuring company compliance at all times
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- Car / car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will hold an appropriate ONC/HNC/HND/Degree qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering and will have significant experience working as a Senior Site Agent on major highways projects.
You will also:
- Demonstrate and deploy good contractual and commercial awareness
- Have Knowledge of business management systems
- Hold Strong leadership and planning / organisational qualities
- Have the ability to produce Risk assessments and accompanying Method Statements and maintain a working Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan in accordance with all CDM requirements.
- Have experience of using Microsoft Project and ability to track performance
- Understand industry specifications and their application
- Be client focused with regular dialogue and interaction – Internal / External
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.