We are looking for an experienced SHEQ Manager to work out of our Rowley Regis office in the West Midlands. You will be a good communicator with strong experience in Health, Safety and the Environment. Your role will be to work with the business units and ensure that you are supporting by offering compliant and safe best practices and being visible and passing on your knowledge to the wider business. Highways Construction knowledge would be preferred but general construction industry background will also be considered.
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
As a member of the Safety, Health, Wellbeing, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) team, provide leadership in an enabling and advisory service to the management and employees of Colas Ltd on SHEQ matters in accordance with the dictates of legislation, company and group policy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership to enable businesses to comply with relevant standards and to prove this through:
- Internal SHEQ audits against relevant ISO standards, Sector Schemes and other standards applicable to Colas activities,
- Performance reporting against Balanced Scorecard SPIs’ CPIs and BPIs.
- Identify and promote best practice across Colas,
- Advise on and assist with SHEQ training,
- Update and communicate changes in company policy as required.
- Leadership in Safety, Health, Wellbeing, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) to enable Colas Ltd businesses to operate in accordance with the dictates of legislation, company and group policy,
- Enable co-ordination of internal audits against the relevant ISO and National Highway Sector Schemes;
- The co-ordination of external ISO and National Highway Sector Scheme audits and accreditation visits,
- Co-ordination of audit reports and monitor completion and effectiveness of corrective action plans,
- Monitor AIRSweb event entry, action tracker and MSO data, Environmental Management System (EMS), Energy Management System (EnVIS) and IBMS process compliance and advise business management of any issues such as lack of action;
- Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the Associate Director - SHEQ.
- Good education, broad knowledge and interest in Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality activities applicable to the construction industry.
- Specific education, knowledge and interest in one of:
- Safety, Health,
- NEBOSH General certificate and membership of IOSH,
- Associate Membership (or higher) of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Membership of relevant Chartered Institution (such as CQI).
- Minimum 5 years of management experience and in Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management, including audit functions, ideally with the highways industry sector,
- Good communication skills with different types of operational stakeholders
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS
- Good time management
- Excellent communicator
- Flexible approach
- Willing to travel and stay away
- Full driving license
- Must be a team player
- IT Literate
- Ability to build a rapport with managers, employees and supply chain
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.