SHEQ Advisor - Leeds
SHEQ Advisor – Leeds
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential
About the Role
Due to their current workload our Northern region are currently looking to employ a SHEQ Advisor to work out of their Leeds Depot. As a member of the SHEQ team, the SHEQ Advisor provides a support and advisory service to the management and employees of Colas Ltd on SHEQ matters in accordance with the dictates of legislation, company and group policy to improve overall SHEQ performance.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience and working knowledge in Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management, including audit functions. You will ideally have been working within the highways industry sector with a clear understanding of management systems including ISO 9001, 14001,45001, 50001 and National Highways Sector schemes.
You will also have:
- Good education, broad knowledge and interest in Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality activities applicable to the construction industry.
- Specific education, knowledge and interest in; Safety, Health, Environment, Quality.
- NEBOSH General certificate and membership of IOSH
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.