About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
As a member of the SHEQ team, providing a support and advisory service to the management and employees of Colas Ltd on SHEQ matters in accordance with the dictates of legislation, company and group policy to improve overall SHEQ performance. You will also:
- Provide emergency response advice to the businesses in the relevant region and carry out site inspections within the assigned regional area
- Monitor AIRSweb event entry, action tracker, investigations, MSO data, etc.
- Carry out internal SHEQ audits against relevant ISO standards, Sector Schemes and other standards applicable to Colas activities
- Enable operational business units to complete their documented internal audits/inspections against the relevant ISO and National Highway Sector Schemes
- Enable operational business units to monitor completion and effectiveness of corrective action plans,
- Work with the systems and compliance officer in the production of SHEQ management system documents such as Safety policies and guidance
- Assist in the production of SHEQ campaign calendar and the specific campaign actions and identify and promote best practice across Colas
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have significant experience and working knowledge in Safety, Health, Environment and Quality management, including audit functions. You will ideally have been working within the highways industry sector with a clear understanding of management systems including ISO 9001, 14001,45001, 50001 and National Highways Sector schemes.
You will also have:
- Good education, broad knowledge and interest in Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality activities applicable to the construction industry.
- Specific education, knowledge and interest in; Safety, Health, Environment, Quality.
- NEBOSH General certificate and membership of IOSH
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.