Senior Site Engineer - Nationwide
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas UK Projects delivers major transport infrastructure solutions in the UK, Ireland and internationally. Our huge global expertise alongside the strength of our UK in-house specialist teams, local manufacturing and 96-year knowledge base and experience, brings a unique mix of local specialists and global resources to projects. Working with Colas will give you access to an unrivalled international community of research and development engineers and other world-class experts.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Site Engineer to join our UK Projects division to ensure that above and below ground level the project is undertaken in accordance with the customer’s requirements for safety, quality, level and dimension. You will understand and interpret the drawings and specifications and provide engineering expertise and support to the project team whilst Monitoring works in progress.
- Check the setting out of sub-contractors as required
- Provide information to enable the commercial team to review and interrogate sub-contractor analysis
- Report any deviances from survey to project/contracts manager
- Implement and monitor all systems and procedures and ensure effective operation
- Ensure effective communication to all parties
- Utilise company ICT systems currently in place
- Maintain awareness of COLAS health and safety requirements and standards
- Proactively keep up to date with the current and changing status of the project
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records for archive
- Input into site activities where appropriate and required
- Offer support and advise on problem areas
- Proactively contribute to effective teamwork
- Identify training and development needs of self, and others as identified
- Support training and development needs of others
- Provide technical advice and support
- Maintain a professional COLAS relationship throughout and be a reliable point of contact on engineering issues
- Improve on and develop customer relationships
- Ensure effective communication with relevant parties
- Promote and present a professional COLAS image to the supplier in all dealings
- Monitor and report on supplier performance
- Build effective relationships to establish two-way dialogue
- Ensure a working environment exists which encourages teamwork
- Influence and support suppliers to innovate and achieve optimum solutions
- Provide key information for the commercial team on re-measures and claims
- Monitor labour and sub-contractor activity
- Involvement in method statement approval and monitoring compliance
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will hold relevant construction qualifications including SMSTS card and have the ability to deliver major projects possessing the organisational skills to meet demanding deadlines.
You will also have:
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
- Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to simplify complex concepts both orally and in written form
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to convince senior colleagues of the need to develop solutions to the benefit of the business
- Ability to clearly demonstrate high competence in areas of challenging, influencing and coaching
- Ability to use judgement and make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.