Senior Site Agent
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
As a Senior Site Agent, you’ll be responsible for the management of key project deliverables including client expectations supporting contract commitments whilst ensuring the compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices, undertaking all works to the highest possible Health, Safety and Environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees.
The highways scheme is in Oxfordshire so you'll need to be local to the area.
You will also:
- Ensure safe systems of work and adherence to Company Health and Safety Policy
- Ensure timely methodology selection and preparation and completion of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, and permits to work.
- Reporting monthly to Contracts/Project Manager on the project cost value and progress against programme
- Delivery, enforcement and monitoring against the Company’s Health, Safety, Quality, Environmental, and Wellbeing plans
- Liaise with senior foreman on daily basis issues related with programme, resources, production, productivity necessary to meet with programme requirements
- Lead all actions to solve technical difficulties, improve performance in terms of progress and quality
- Assist developing the commercial project information (e.g. cost/value forecast, pricing of variations)
- Proactively promote continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. customer and supplier feedback, back to basics, knowledge management)
- Undertake the roles assigned within the Construction Phase H&S Plan
- Support, encourage and develop all staff / operatives within your control identifying all appropriate training needs
- Communication at all levels regarding progress of projects
- To carry out safety inspections and manage the Induction process
- Provide support during tender processes by involvement in the preparation of programmes, methodology, and development of quality/safety/environmental plans;
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- Car / car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have significant experience working as a Site Agent on general highways and civil engineering projects. You will also have:
- SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification)
- Relevant CSCS card
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND/Degree qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- NRSWA (Supervisor)
- Knowledge and understanding of NEC conditions of Contract, and in implementing contract processes
- Appointed person and temporary works co-ordinator
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.