Senior Site Agent (Highways)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our Portsmouth Contracting area of the business are responsible for all of our build and maintenance contracts within the Portsmouth area where Colas continues to have strong success.
About the Role
As a Senior Site Agent, you deliver ongoing contracts and maintenance works, ensuring that they operate within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets. You will also:
- To ensure contract/s or delivered safely, on time, within budget and to programme.
- To maintain a good relationship with clients, to avoid disputes.
- To have a high level of commercial awareness related to the works
- To ensure that all work is carried out to Company Safety, Environmental, and Quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives.
- To carry out Safety Audits and TRACAs as required by line management.
- To liaise with and manage sub-contractors to ensure their strict adherence of the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Quality Standards.
- Good knowledge of all types of road construction and maintenance and working in life traffic situations.
- To understand COSHH regulations, particularly as they relate to the Operational Process, and to ensure the required information is relayed to the persons handling the materials concerned.
- To co-operate with the Group SHEQ Department in the compilation and update of Safe Working Procedures for the process involved
- To ensure that all Employees are properly trained for the task being undertaken and are fully conversant with the Company Procedures
- To understand all commercial aspects of the operation and to be aware of competitors activities
- To ensure compliance with Company’s Quality Assurance procedures
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- Car / car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have significant experience working as a Site Agent on design and build, civil engineering projects. You will also:
- Have obtained an ONC, HNC or Degree in a civil engineering / surfacing discipline
- Have previous knowledge and experience working within the highways maintenance sector
- An excellent attitude and commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment
- Be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of MS Office, IT Systems and MS Project Software
- Have previous commercial experience and budget control
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.