Senior Quantity Surveyor
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas holds an extensive portfolio of capability and experience delivering all highways civil engineering requirements, focussed on a true “fence to fence” highways solution. Our diverse range of services include public realm improvements, junction improvements, car parks including park and ride facilities, footways, cycle ways and other infrastructure for non-motorised users, carriageway construction and surfacing, drainage improvements, signalisation, road lining & Carriageway studs and more.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial support on our M4 Traffic Management project to be based initially near the Reading area. The Senior Quantity Surveyor will effectively support a number of projects through the provision of commercial activities in the pre and post tender phases of projects. To provide accurate and timely commercial reports and advise the bid management and senior management team whilst monitoring contracts and reporting against the appropriate commercial targets. Ensuring that projects are effectively managed in line with Colas’ governance, policies and procedures.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have proven experience working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor working for a main contractor in the civil engineering industry. You will have strong knowledge of NEC forms of contract, extensive experience of commercial management and procurement of subcontractors along with the ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
You will also:
- Be a great problem solver with the ability to find creative solutions to problems
- Ideally have a degree in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- Be working towards or be prepared to work towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation i.e. RICSCIOB/ICES
- Hold a valid CSCS card or be willing to obtain one
- Must possess an excellent understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop the business both technically and commercially.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.