Senior Engineer/ Sub Agent
Location: Hull SIAC
- Work as part of a project team, assisting to deliver projects to time, cost and quality through various phases in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Take the lead in all engineering matters related to their project / section of works
- Monitor and report programme and progress in accordance with project reporting systems and guidelines
- Establish robust on site procedures to ensure that the works proceed in accordance with quality requirements and best practice
- Ensure that risk assessments and method statements are in place and communicated
- Develop construction methodology and logistic plans
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers to construct the works safely and on programme
- Effectively manage site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions etc.
- Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information
- Chairing and attendance at progress and design review meetings
- Management, coaching and development of site engineering team, including junior engineers.
- A Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
- Some management experience
- SMSTS (Refresher training can be provided if required)
- Good decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning & organising skills
- HSQE awareness, issues and principles
- Chartered Civil Engineer: CEng/IEng MICE or approaching professional status
- Membership (or working towards membership of) the Association for Project Management, or another professional body
- Knowledge of safety, environmental, quality, commercial and financial aspects.
- Minimum 5 years site-based construction/civil engineering experience
- Some highways experience
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.