Senior Engineer – Oxfordshire
Senior Engineer – Oxfordshire
Permanent, full time
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Due to exciting company growth, we are recruiting a Senior Engineer to support our Oxfordshire Civil Engineering schemes based initially in Bicester and Bedford. The role is responsible for the overall technical viability of the project works, (or part of the project works) in addition to participating in the health and safety, quality, environmental and commercial management of the project.
About the Role
The main duties are:
- Setting out for roadworks including associated structures and substructures.
- Manage the check between setting out information and existing site information
- Managing the reviewing and logging of drawing issue changes.
- Creating and managing Test and Inspection Plans
- Completing quality documentation including managing the as-built record information
- Developing and Issuing permits Ensure safe systems of work and adherence to Company Health and Safety Policy
- Carry out setting out and stay in advance of planned operations
- Assist in preparation of Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments, and ensure compliance on site
- Produce permits to work.
- Liaise with senior foreman on daily basis issues related to programme, resources, production, productivity necessary to meet with programme requirements
- Solve technical difficulties, monitor performance in terms of progress and quality
- Undertake the roles assigned within the Construction Phase H&S Plan
- To carry out safety inspections and record near misses
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a similar position. You will also have:
- Has held a similar position with a Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period
- Experience in highways sector work, temporary works.
- Experienced in supervision of other engineers or labour.
- Relevant Technical knowledge and ability to visualize and interpret drawings.
- Excellent practical knowledge and competent in site setting out, control and checking using EDM, pipe lasers, laser levels and GPS equipment;
- Levelling for kerb pins, drainage, earthworks profile boards and batter rails
- Setting up pipe and rotating lasers
- Experienced in earthworks setting out and quantifying;
- Experienced in in-situ concrete works
- Experienced at undertaking quality checks, making concrete cubes etc
- Produce As-built records and drawings
- SSSTS/SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification)
- Relevant CSCS card
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND/Degree qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- NRSWA (Supervisor)
- Knowledge and understanding of NEC conditions of Contract, and in implementing contract processes
- CPCS Supervisors card (Cranes/Lifting)
- First Aider
- CPD evidence of relevant post graduate practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Forms of Contract, Scaffolding Appreciation, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H&S Management, e.t.c.
- CAT and Genny training
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of downloading MXP files
- AutoCAD – as built drawings, bespoke site sketches
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.