Senior Bid Manager
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
About the Role
You will develop and implement high quality and effective bid strategies and solutions to support the successful bidding of projects. You’ll manage the preconstruction team and provide support to the technical solutions team and wider business specialists as required.
As a senior member of the Commercial Preconstruction Bidding Team you will work closely with bid team members. This includes working with Operational Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Managers and other operational personnel to develop solutions for pre-qualification and tender submissions, and to ensure that they represent maximum benefit to the Client.
You’ll co-ordinate the effective management of the bid process for tender and prequalification opportunities and ensure collaboration and support is provided to the business units to produce persuasive and compliant submissions at prequalification and tender stages. And you’ll liaise effectively and work closely with the management teams across the regions to identify their requirements and provide effective bid support services and technical solutions for all opportunities.
You’ll assist in maintaining and improving bid management processes and challenging existing practices.
- Responsible for the development, preparation and submission of pre-qualifications and tenders aligned to company objectives. To work within the Pre-construction team in developing solutions for client requirements.
- To develop effective bid strategies and solutions aligned to company objectives to support regional bidding and wider business opportunities where directed. Agree bid strategies with the senior management team in the region and implement them, ensuring that they are clearly communicated to all members of the team and are compliant with the customers’ requirements.
- To lead and direct the bid management and proposals/co-ordination team ensuring that effective and relevant inputs and information is provided for bidding that relates to technical support, bid writing, co-ordination and administration.
To succeed in this role, it’s like you’ll have extensive experience in successfully performing a bid management role within an airfields/highway /civil engineering sectors or associated industries, ideally at a senior level. You’ll demonstrate a good understanding of bid management processes and have demonstrable experience in providing a good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities.
An understanding of the commercial and legal issues that need to be considered when bidding opportunities is essential.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Ability to think and prioritise strategically
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- IT literate
- Flexible working attitude
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and inspire others.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to continually review and improvement performance
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.