About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
You will be responsible for managing the administration team in undertaking all aspects of administration works and assisting office support functions for a busy highways civil engineering team. You will assist with efficient delivery of all secured contracts whilst ensuring compliance with all quality procedures and safe working practices.
About the Role
In this role you will be responsible for managing a team of administrators who support the Liverpool office with a wide variety of administration, data management and payroll tasks. As part of the role you will:
- Raise purchase orders in the company system ensuring financial authorities are adhered to at all times
- Receipt goods from deliveries accurately and in a timely manner
- Process invoices within required timescales matching against GRNs and challenging any discrepancies as appropriate
- Be responsible for the collation, archiving and filing of all contract details and paperwork in line with minimum requirements for retention
- Actively engage with the development and integration of new ERP tools with the local business ensuring best practice is shared
- Assist with contract cost recording and order requisitioning
- Assist with management of the depot such as carrying out fire alarm checks, fire drills and inductions
- Maintain and develop good relationships with stakeholders including clients, managers, operatives and the general public
- Get a chance to develop a good understanding of administration within the highways construction industry.
- As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be able to demonstrate previous experience working in a similar role with experience managing or supervising a team. You will also:
- Have experience of payroll functions in a similar sector
- Have previous experience of raising orders, goods receipting and invoice processing
- Show an awareness of health and safety
- Previous experience of carrying out reception duties and working in a customer facing role
- Strong ICT skills especially Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Hold an NVQ in Business Administration - desirable but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills, both written and verbal
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.