Sales Engineer (Covering the Central Belt of Scotland)
Location: East Kilbride
About the Role
This is a key role within the sales team, servicing Colas’ loyal existing customers in the geographical regions of Angus, Argyll & Bute, Clackmannanshire, Dundee City, Dunbartonshire, East Lothian, East Renfrewshire, City of Edinburgh, Falkirk, Fife, Scottish Borders, City of Glasgow, Inverclyde, Midlothian, Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Stirling and West Isles.
- Proactively manage all of the key accounts within your geographical region, building strong relationships with customers and developing sales across the Colas product range.
- Attend regular meetings with new and existing customers to discuss their needs, demonstrate new products and reporting to the Sales Manager any issues so that they can be dealt with rapidly.
- Identify new sales opportunities and new markets as well as assisting with bids and supply and apply business to ensure profitable growth in your area.
- Cross selling effectively to assist the Scotland contracting team in obtaining work within your geographical region.
- Forward plan on a 4-week basis using Microsoft Outlook and updating all records of sales activity in a timely manner on the CRM system.
- Produce a monthly report, which details performance of key accounts within your geographical region including new developments, and new products.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within Colas products, working closely with technical specialists and experts in the company where appropriate.
You will be either an experienced sales professional working within a similar industry or in a technical role and looking to move in to a more customer facing position. You will be a naturally strong communicator with a genuine passion and interest in our product range.
You will also:
- Have a strong industry knowledge and ideally existing contacts within the highways, footways, utilities and civil engineering industries.
- Have a passion for excellent customer service and a natural ability to communicate well with others, building rapport quickly.
- Have a sound commercial mind as well as the capability to grasp the technical aspects of materials and the practical aspect of learning the extensive Colas product range.
- Be able to work in a highly autonomous role, working largely from home and managing your own diary effectively.
- Have the ability to track and analyse performance in your area, identifying any areas for concern, which you will then be able to implement a strategy for recovery.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.