Sales Engineer (Bitumen Products - Home Based)
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We currently have an opportunity available within our Products division for an experienced Sales Engineer to cover the east and south east of England. Our products business area is a key innovator in the industry for the production and supply of high quality, bitumen based highways maintenance and repair products. We are always working on new products, which we test at our laboratory at our head office to ensure consistency of quality and health and safety standards.
About the Role
This is a key role within the sales team, servicing Colas’ loyal existing customers in the geographical regions of Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, London, Hertfordshire, Kent, Essex, Slough, Surrey and Brighton and Hove amongst others.
- Proactively manage all of the key accounts within your geographical region, building strong relationships with customers and developing sales across the Colas product range.
- Attend regular meetings with new and existing customers to discuss their needs, demonstrate new products and reporting to the Sales Manager any issues so that they can be dealt with rapidly.
- Identify new sales opportunities and new markets as well as assisting with bids and supply and apply business to ensure profitable growth in your area.
- Cross selling effectively to assist the contracting team in obtaining work within your geographical region.
- Forward plan on a 4-week basis using Microsoft Outlook and updating all records of sales activity in a timely manner on the CRM system.
- Produce a monthly report, which details performance of key accounts within your geographical region including new developments, and new products.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within Colas products, working closely with technical specialists and experts in the company where appropriate.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will be either an experienced sales professional working within a similar industry or in a technical role and looking to move in to a more customer facing position. You will be a naturally strong communicator with a genuine passion and interest in our product range.
You will also:
- Have a strong industry knowledge and ideally existing contacts within the highways, footways, utilities and civil engineering industries.
- Have a passion for excellent customer service and a natural ability to communicate well with others, building rapport quickly.
- Have a sound commercial mind as well as the capability to grasp the technical aspects of materials and the practical aspect of learning the extensive Colas product range.
- Be able to work in a highly autonomous role, working largely from home and managing your own diary effectively.
- Have the ability to track and analyse performance in your area, identifying any areas for concern, which you will then be able to implement a strategy for recovery.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.