Routine Maintenance Management Systems Technician (6 Month FTC)
About the Role
This is a key role within the EAM team and the right candidate will need to be within commuting distance of our depot in Ennis, Southern Ireland. The RMMS Technician will be responsible for managing, maintaining and developing the asset databases such as the RMMS and Geographic Information System (GIS) to maintain the functionality within the contract. This will involve managing the hardware, software, people and resources.
- Manage user access, including training for new users and on-going general support.
- Create and update database(s) and make available internally and externally and ensure that the data is up to date, validated & associated with appropriate internal and external datasets.
- Create & maintain programmes for routine inspection and routine maintenance activities.
- Create mapping data, and maps customised to user requirements and needs; ensure that the process to deliver this meets internal SLAs (service level agreements).
- Provide data analysis capability for spatial and statistical purposes.
- Contribute to the on-going development of bespoke GIS application, web and offline and provide assistance for bidding and tender work with a GIS element.
- Provide the GIS expertise for projects with GIS requirements and manage GIS projects internally alongside other departments.
- Produce highly accurate GIS inventory asset updates and supporting GIS functions by other activities such as map making and specific data collaboration.
- Work closely with site-based teams to maintain the RMMS & GIS systems are kept in line with contractual requirements.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You be an analytical, skilled professional with previous experience working in a similar role within the construction industry.
You will also:
- Have an Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering, Geo-Surveying, Geography or another relevant area, ideally with additional training or a qualification in IT Systems or specifically Geospatial Information systems.
- Have excellent working knowledge of Office, Excel, Windows, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Have experience of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 & 10+ products including MapInfo.
- Be skilled in technical drawing – AutoCad would be a distinct advantage.
- Have knowledge and experience with engineering/ Work-flow management Programs or Applications, even contract based/bespoke.
- Experience of working within quality driven/ISO compliant systems.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.