Regional General Manager - West Midlands
Regional General Manager - West Midlands
Regional General Manager - Midlands
You will give Safe & Efficient direction of a regional organisation structure managing across all core discipline and potential growth areas as identified through market intelligence gathered. Ensuring management of Key Client expectations, whilst providing engagement and development of new client opportunities working seamlessly with Business Development functions in the business. Oversee and encourage compliance with all Quality procedures and safe working practices ensuring all works are delivered to the highest possible Health, Safety and environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees.
Be responsible for developing client relationships and operational solutions prior to and during the tender phases for opportunities before moving through to mobilise and management of contracts following award. Demonstrating excellent experience in Highway Civil Engineering construction and management, whilst offering a coach / mentor emphasis throughout regional delivery structures, allowing for the development and retention of competent and empowered people. Holding overall responsibility for cost and value performance of regional profit centres, acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue, expenditure and budgets in line with operational forecasts.
Throughout all contracts the General Manager will be accountable for the delivery of the service and client value, ensuring that highways activities are fully integrated and working in partnership to achieve stakeholder goals, objectives, targets and desired outcomes, leading the regional operations to continually improve and ensuring compliance Driving cost efficiency and promotion of self-delivery through promotion of the One Colas culture.
- Provide leadership, motivation and direction to all direct reports and wider group operations
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs
- Building Client relationships and developing operational solutions pre-tender and during execution of works
- Demonstrate experience of finding positive solutions to complex problems. Open to others, responsive to change. Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice.
- Lead by example across all functions demonstrating LEAN management whilst recognising and encouraging efficiencies across all operations.
- Entrepreneurial flare for generating opportunities with public and private clients including working with Joint Ventures.
- Timely recording and management of CRM data including client engagement and gathering of market intelligence
- Political sensitivity and a demonstrable ability to recognise, influence and manage sensitive issues.
- Provide excellent engineering knowledge and understanding throughout all interactions both internally and externally ensuring compliance with all Industry Specifications and standards, along with understanding requirements of the Works Information.
- Efficient management and utilisation of all group resources through planning and effective dialogue with the operational delivery teams
- Assistance with the development and updating of regular tender and client engagement programmes for all prospective and current opportunities.
- Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with overall responsibility for the financial performance of contracts
- Maintain / develop good relations with all key and potential clients incorporating regular meetings and engagement opportunities driving ECI and solution offering.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviours that are consistent with the organisation's vision, mission and core values
- Ability to lead, inspire and influence others, demonstrating personal and professional demeanour required to gain confidence and respect.
- Strategic and creative thinker with a strong, practical intellect, with the ability to effectively cascade and promote strategic achievement.
- Proposes robust solutions and builds alignment around mutually beneficial outcomes. Principle based negotiator who can resolve conflict effectively
- Provide regular point of contact for all senior management providing appropriate direction
- Ensure all personnel comply with company procedures, measuring performance as necessary
- Encourage all personnel on the understanding of the need for a flexible approach to their work and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business
- Undertake safety observations providing regular visibility at site level across all senior management
- Demonstrate and deploy an excellent understanding of contractual and commercial awareness
- Effective time management between site and office duties as required to effectively administer works and properly discharge your duties
- Support, encourage and development of all employees operatives within the team identifying all appropriate training needs
- Maintain compliance with agreed policy on procurement of goods and services adhering to financial authority levels
- Assist and uphold discipline within the business ensuring company compliance at all times
- Monitor Operating Reports and the Management Accounts, taking action where necessary to ensure targets are upheld with appropriate actions placed to provide effective guidance.
- Ensure compliance with the Company Financial Authorities, the contracting Manual, the Quality System, HR policies and all other Company procedures
- Prepare annual budgets and business plans with monitoring and guidance of appropriate competent teams providing successful out turn against forecast
- Effectively monitor and control debtor days, works in progress, accounts provisions, etc. accurately reporting performance and timely recover of cash due.
- Undertake all other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- Executive level benefits package that will include:
- Private health care
- competitive salary
- Car or Car allowance
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell days
- On-going training, and personal professional development
- Flexible benefits which include: Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have strong business acumen and be commercially astute who can show a track record of profitable growth and a strong personality with the confidence to push back when needed. We need a candidate that understands the importance of developing a team and leading by example.
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- Desirable GCSE Maths / English or equivalent – A to C
- Minimum 10yrs experience in a similar or equivalent role
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance
- Full clean driving licence
- Hold a high level of experience in highway construction and maintenance
- CSCS Professionally Qualified
- SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification)
- Demonstrate and deploy excellent contractual and commercial awareness
- Experience in providing a good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities.
- Experience of understanding the commercial and legal issues applicable to contracting
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of business management systems
- Strong leadership and planning / organisational qualities
- Motivator and people manager
- Knowledge of business management systems
- Ability to produce Risk assessments and accompanying Method Statements and maintain a working Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan in accordance with all CDM requirements.
- Have experience of using Microsoft Project and ability to track performance
- Understanding of industry specifications and their application
- Development of others
- Good communication
- Achievement / Results driven
- Client focused with regular dialogue and interaction – Internal / External
- Reasonable knowledge of the industry
- Problem Solving
- Ensure compliance to procurement procedures
- Performance management of all staff
- Good written and oral skills
- Analytical thinker
- Demonstration of flexibility and adaptability
- Positive commitment to safety
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable and versatile
- Must be a team player
- Good time management
- Good supervisor and motivator of people
- Flexibility of approach
- Ability to think and prioritise strategically
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable
- Committed to continuous improvement and innovation
- Motivated by results
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.