Recruitment Administrator Apprentice
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas’ centralised HR team are based at our head officer in Crawley and support the business nationwide with all HR administration, Learning and Development, HR Business Partnering and Recruitment. The team is structured regionally with HR Administrators to support the North, South and Central regions respectively.
About the Role
You will provide the full range of administrative duties to support the internal recruitment team across all 3 regions, gaining the chance to learn about in-house recruitment within an HR department whilst studying towards a professional NVQ Level 2 Certificate in Resourcing qualification. The main duties are:
- Liaise with the HR Administrators and Recruitment team in processing offers made to applicants and process the relevant paperwork
- Take incoming calls and answer recruitment related queries from internal customers, signposting to other professionals within HR as appropriate
- Posting job adverts to our various platforms such as CV Library, Colas Careers, Gov.uk and social media
- Manage and schedule content and update Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn careers regularly to maximise engagement from the external job market
- Book interviews for managers, liaising with Resourcing Partners and sending out interview confirmations
- Ensure all interview paperwork is collated from managers within a timely manner and stored in the appropriate files complaint with GDPR regulations
- Conduct new employee background checks
- Scheduling, organising and arranging recruitment events, attending when appropriate
- Working with and maintaining links with the Social Values team as part of contract delivery commitments
- As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in working within recruitment and / or generalist HR and be actively seeking a career in this line of work. You will also:
- Be able to demonstrate high attention to detail and the ability to manage a varied workload
- Enjoy learning about all aspects of HR such as Recruitment, Employment Law, Reward and Remuneration etc. as you will be working within a
- Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs grades 4-9 or A*- C or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to be highly professional and work well as part of a large team
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.