Quarry Manager – Cornwall
Location: Penryn, Cornwall
This is a vital role within the Cornwall Quarries business unit as you will have full financial, commercial and operational responsibility for the Carnsew Quarry and our Asphalt plant, making this an interesting and diverse position. The role will involve:
- Responsibility for the overall running of the quarry and asphalt plant including monthly profit and loss, budget control, health and safety compliance, labour force and equipment management, KPI monitoring and control of Assets.
- Responsibility for identifying and developing new business opportunities through the sales function and to develop and refine the divisional strategy in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Management of all workforce including management of performance, recruitment, management of sub-contractors and continuous training and professional development.
- Ensuring that all commercial opportunities are being clearly identified and vigorously pursued and to take an active involvement in developing and negotiating new business from existing and new clients. Identify key areas of opportunity and business growth on which to focus and deploy resource and identify appropriate routes to market including suitable joint venture partners.
- Overseeing all tendering activities within your region to ensure it conforms to the objectives set out in the Business Plan.
- Ensuring that all tenders have been built up in such a manner as to clearly demonstrate that due allowance has been made for all the costs.
- Liaising with other divisional managers and regional subsidiaries of the International Colas Group in the identification, development and pursuit of national and overseas opportunities.
You will be an experienced Quarry Manager with a strong operational and commercial knowledge of running a quarry business including sound financial management and business development.
You will also:
- Ideally be a member of the Institute of Quarrying
- Have a sound understanding of regulations and health and safety management and compliance, ideally NVQ level 5.
- Have had previous experience in a similar role with full profit and loss responsibility and budget management.
- Extensive market knowledge of the aggregates and asphalt industry.
- An in depth technical understanding of the duties you will be involved in on a day-to-day basis.
- The ability to build strong customer relationships and support the sales team in the development of new business opportunities and commercial strategy.
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
Competitive contribution pension scheme
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Up to £255 per month in tax and NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.