Quantity Surveyor UKP - Birmingham
About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our UK Projects team are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to be based on site at one of our newly awarded projects. The Quantity Surveyor is required to provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the Company and Project objectives are achieved. They will liaise with customer representatives, subcontractors and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and payments
About the Role
Due to the increased workload within our UK Projects team, we are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor in our Central Region.
The Quantity Surveyor will carry out quantity surveying duties for all contract work, as directed by the commercial manager. This will include but not limited to, preparing and submitting valuations to clients, placing subcontractors and making subcontract assessments in line with the tendered strategy. Be involved in the preparation and submission of final accounts; ensuring timeous receipt of monies by efficient invoicing and collection of all debts.
- Procurement of subcontract packages
- Commercial management of subcontract packages
- Issuing of main contract notices on time
- Administration and valuation of contract change / compensation events
- Identify and input into value engineering
- Maintain project forecast
- Aid in the preparation of assessments and applications for payment
- Input into financial reports for project management
- Input into CVR / cost report and cash flow information
- Agreement of final accounts
- Input into claims where required
- Provide commercial advice to other team members
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to study towards a professional qualification fully funded
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The successful candidate will be; a degree qualified Quantity Surveyor with in depth, demonstrable evidence of relevant civil and highway post degree experience. An excellent communicator, client focused with good commercial awareness and commitment to business success. You will have good time management/attitude to change, ability to plan and prioritise your own workload working under pressure to meet deadlines.
You will also have:
- Flexible approach.
- Good IT skills in MS Word and Excel, with a familiarity of MS project.
- Be conscientious.
- An eye for detail.
- Full clean driving licence.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Simply fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch with you.